Stapp Car Crash Conference®
The Stapp Car Crash Conference® is the premier forum for presentation of research in impact biomechanics, human injury tolerance, military trauma, sports injury, and related fields that advance the knowledge of safety systems and injury protection. The Conference provides an opportunity to participate in free discussion regarding the causes and mechanisms of injury, experimental methods and tools for use in impact biomechanics research, and the development of new concepts for reducing injuries and fatalities.
2023 Stapp Car Crash Conference®
We are pleased to announce that the 67th Stapp Car Crash Conference® will be held October 31 - November 2, 2023, at the University of Michigan, Michigan Union Building, Rogel Ballroom in Ann Arbor, MI.
New this Conference
- Abstract review has been eliminated.
- Full manuscripts or short communications can be submitted to the journal office for peer review at any time. Email the Stapp Journal Office
- Members of the Stapp Advisory Committee will serve as Associate Editors for the review process.
- A new website for the Stapp Journal will provide paper titles, authors and abstracts as articles are accepted.
- At the authors' option, a pre-print version of accepted articles will be available on the website.
- The journal will be published throughout the year when a critical number of manuscripts are accepted.
For additional details on paper and short communication submissions, view Author Resources.
Preceding the Stapp Conference
51st NHTSA Workshop on Human Subjects for Biomechanical Research
Sponsored by NHTSA—Human Injury Research Division
Monday, October 30, 2023
The NHTSA Workshop on Human Subjects for Biomechanical Research seeks to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and the presentation of ongoing research investigations using human volunteers or surrogates. This year's workshop will be held on the Monday directly preceding the Stapp Car Crash Conference in the same location. More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Stapp extends its gratitude to the sponsors of the 67th Stapp Car Crash Conference. For more information on sponsorship opportunities for the 68th conference, email Warren Hardy at email@example.com.